Welcome to my blog, a random posting of my day to day as I see it.
I am the wife to one, mother to three, pastor's wife to a great church.
I love to sew when I can.
I love to read when I have time.
I enjoy shopping when I have a gift card to use.

My Handsome Men

My Handsome Men

We are the Girls

We are the Girls

Monday, January 14, 2013

Ladies Conference 2012

SoCal Ladies Conference 2012

I have been decorating for SoCal Ladies Division's annual Ladies Conference for about 4 years now.  It is one of "things" in my life I love to do.  I look forward to it every year.  It isn't without frustration at times, but the outcome is most always something I can be proud of and joyfully put my name on.  

This year's ladies conference is coming up soon, actually 2 short months.  I feel like it will be here before the glue from my hot glue gun has time to dry.  So in honor of the fact that ladies conference now consumes most of my thoughts, I plan to spend a few blogs this week dedicated to ladies conference.  

These are pictures from last year's conference.  It was fun and bright and to be honest a lot of work.  I recruited lots of ribbon curlers and hot gluing friends to help me get the banquet done! 


Eileen has been my right hand girl for the last many years~in all the events we do.
 I am big on draping material~I think it adds so much extra "oomph" to the over all look.

The hot pink hat boxes are from Hobby Lobby.  I really loved them!  

 We added some beautiful ranunculus.  
Such a touch of spring.

All finished with one side of the platform.

My iphone pictures don't do justice to how nice this really looked.
Continue to the bottom of this blog to see professional pictures from Kristin Batman

Very springy and colorful pulpit arrangement.

Close up of the side arrangements.

I really liked how this turned out.

Eileen is my partner in crime.  She usually can read my mind on what needs to be done.  I am blessed to have such a hard working friend to  help me get the job done every year! She always cracks me up by say, "I think I like this year's better than last year's decoration".  She says this EVERY time we finish our work!! I just laugh!!



 Here are few professional shots by my friend Kristin Batman

I seriously loved how the colors popped for this event. 
Eileen made this flower arrangement.  She always does great work.

For the banquet I chose to do candy & soda arrangements.  This is where all those ribbon curlers and hot glue gunning friends really helped out!! Phew!! Who knew it would take so long to glue all that candy to sticks?  Anyway they turned out fun, which made me happy.

I used grape, orange, and cheery crush soda with lots of good candy stuffed inside each crate.


Stay tuned this week, I will be posting a blog on the HOW-TO'S of event design process....or at least how I do it!  

2 comments: